HTOS Shell LOGO

HTOS Shell LOGO

Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to my Blog for Hear the Ocean Studios. My name is Ken and I am the owner and engineer of the studio. I will be using this Blog to discuss my business, sessions, bands that I've worked with and how they've grown and developed, equipment reviews and investments, and more.

If you are interested in recording with me at Hear the Ocean Studios, you may find this Blog helpful in learning about my work style and personality.
The studio has been quiet during the summer months but I've been working hard, in cooperation with  Hayman Studio and Volo Productions, towards the development of the HTOS website and other promotional materials. I encourage you, if you haven't already, to take a look at the Hear the Ocean Studios website. Additionally, there will be new business cards available as of September 10th, featuring one of HTOS' custom made logos from Hayman Studio in York, PA.

As fall approaches, I will be working with Philadelphia's somber sweetheart Josh Britton's project, Psalmships. This "Country" album has been a treat to work on. It will contain several tunes of varying tempo and subject matter. It is sure to be a roller coaster. Initial tracking took place early this summer with both Josh and Philly singer/songwriter David Janes in the studio. Vocals and guitars were recorded a variety of ways depending on the track. New broadband sound absorbing GOBO's came in very handy in capturing a natural sound with clear separation between instruments. In September, a litany of talent from across the tri-state area will begin to file into the studio to fill out the Psalmships album. To follow this project, please join Psalmships on their blog.

So, welcome friends and clients. Please continue to check in with me and contact me with any questions or to setup a session. ken@heartheoceanstudios.com

Cheers,
Ken Kelemen

No comments:

Post a Comment